Polish Improver Courses in London
We have a couple of courses running which are not listed here. Please do get in touch if you already know some Polish and would like to join in - we will assess your level and invite you to a free taster lesson in order to find you a suitable group.
Ideal for students who completed a 50-hour course or those who already know basic cases, present and past tense and can hold a very limited conversation.
We offer a 24-hour course split over 16 weeks.
Christmas Break between December 20th, 2019 and January 5th, 2020.
We use "Hurra! Po polsku 1" by A. Szymkiewicz & M. Malolepsza. During the 24-hour course you will cover lessons 11 to 15. You can purchase the book from us at £30.
- Plans for the future, expressing wishes
- Buying a mobile phone
- I think I'm lost - you will learn how to get the help you need when you can't find your way around
- World directions, tourist attractions
- Getting there and getting around - all you need to know about the railway, bus station, airport, hotel, campsite, travel agency situations.
- Let's go on (Polish) holiday! - all essentials about where to go, with whom, when, what to do etc.
- Flats - rooms, furniture
- I'm leaving for good - we will teach you how to rent a flat in Polish
- Whatever the weather - you will learn to talk about the weather and seasons of the year
- At the doctor's - registering with the clinic, visiting the doctor, giving advice, parts of the body and symptoms of illnesses etc.
We are based in central London, only a couple of minutes walk from Chancery Lane (Central Line) and Farringdon tube (Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan Lines) and railway stations, enabling easy access from anywhere in London.14 Leather Lane, EC1N 7SU, London
Missing a class
We understand that missing a class is sometimes unavoidable.
In order to help you to catch up on a missed class we will email you information about the topics and pages you need to cover before your next class. You may wish to consider booking an additional individual catch-up lesson with one of our teachers, who will get you up to speed with everything. The fee is £37/hour and you can book it here (please select "taster lesson").
We are unable to offer you a space in another group, so that you can catch up on a missed session. The reason is simple - often we don't have two groups at the very same level at a particular time. We also think that inviting students from other groups may disrupt the peace of a particular class and may cause inconvenience to our students. We hope you will understand.
Take your time when booking a course as we offer no refund in case you change your mind for whatever reason.
It works similarly to plane ticket reservation. Once you sign up for a course your space is secured and it will not be offered to anyone else. From that moment you will not be able to transfer money towards individual lessons or any other product advertised on our website, nor to request a refund. This is down to the fact that we have limited spaces available in each group (maximum 7) and we want to ensure that once a course is confirmed we can run it for the promised number of weeks with no disruption to our students.
Please be advised that we offer no refund for any unattended classes (see section “Missing a class”).
You are entitled to full refund in case your course gets cancelled due to low numbers. You will be offered alternatives and in case nothing suitable we will sort out your refund right away back to your original method of payment.
If after the first group class you decided that you need to move a level up or down we may be able to offer placement in an alternative group (subject to your level assessment and group availability).
- Missed a starting date? Not to worry. You can still join in and pay for the remaining weeks. Simply get in touch with us.
- Small groups with up to 7 students, meaning that you can talk and talk ... in Polish of course.
- Don’t worry if you have to miss your class - we will email you your lesson update or you can book a make-up class at £35/hour.
- Course book not included in the course fee. You can purchase it from us at £30.
- New Polish courses start every month.